If you’re in the business of transporting heavy loads, you know that covering your scrap or waste is important for weather-proofing your load. Skip loaders and hook lifts are a popular choice for transporting materials like dirt, gravel, but without the right tarp system, you run the risk of losing part of your load.
In this article, we’ll explore the importance of choosing the right tarp system for your skip loader, hook lift, tipper trailer, or other truck, and provide you with valuable insights on how to keep your loads and your vehicle safe and secure.
Types of Tarp Systems
When it comes to choosing a tarp system for your skip loader, there are several different types which West-Trans offer to consider. Each type offers unique features and benefits that can help keep your load secure.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the main types of tarp systems for waste trucks and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
Overview: Covering bulk steel trailers can be a difficult and often time-consuming process. This system reduces the time spent on load covering with a unique, easy-to-use rollover design. Suited to both walking floor and tipping trailers, the DoubleCover provides ample protection and load security when on the move.
Made to fit: Walking floor trailers or tipping trailers
Operating power: Hydraulics or manual options
Features: Bulk tipped load security, efficient load covering, tough tear resistance netting
Overview: A pneumatically operated tarp cover that provides optimal protection on-site and during movement. These innovative covers prevent the need for drivers or the operations team on-site to waste time with manual tarping systems throughout the day.
Made to fit: Best used for either hook lifts of skip loaders
Operating power: Pneumatic tower and electric in/out motor
Features: Pneumatically controlled, cost-effective, tear-resistance super mesh tarp
Overview: Hydraulic power and a light weight make the UnderCover a suitable solution for a range of hook lift sizes without sacrificing efficiency and practicality. Does not require manually guiding out the tarp like a hycover, completely hydraulic arms roll the trarp to the rear and back to the front
Made to fit: Hook lift bins
Operating power: Hydraulics
Features: Fast load covering, light simple operation, stowed underbody
Benefits of Tarping Systems
- Protection from the elements. A tarping system can help protect your load from rain, snow, wind, and other weather conditions that can damage or ruin your materials.
- Improved safety. A tarping system can prevent debris or materials from falling off the skip loader during transport, reducing the risk of accidents on the road and keeping your operator safe.
- Compliance with regulations. Many areas have regulations that require loads to be covered during transport. A tarping system can help you comply with these regulations and avoid fines or other penalties.
- Increased efficiency. A tarping system can help you load and unload your skip loader more quickly and efficiently, reducing the time and labour required to complete your tasks.
- Longevity of your vehicle. A tarping system can protect your skip loader from scratches, dents, and other damage caused by loose materials, increasing the longevity and resale value of your vehicle..
- Cost savings. By protecting your load, a tarping system can save you money on repairs, maintenance, and replacement of damaged materials or equipment.
- Environmental benefits. A tarping system can prevent loose materials from escaping during transport, reducing the amount of litter, mud, and debris on roads and in the environment.
How to Find the Best Tarp System for Your Waste Truck
Selecting the right tarp system for your waste truck is essential for protecting your load and ensuring the safe and efficient transmission of materials.
To help you choose the right tarp system for your waste truck, consider these factors:
- Type of material you’ll be transporting
- The size and weight of your load
- Weather conditions
- Frequency of use
- Your budget
With all these factors in mind, you can choose a tarping system that meets your specific needs and offers the necessary protection for your load and vehicle.
With the right tarp system, you can enhance your skip loader’s functionality, improve safety, and increase the lifespan of your equipment.
Australian Skip Loaders & Tarping System Services
West-Trans are national leaders and a byword for quality in the Australian skip loader and hook lift market.
You can rely on West-Trans Equipment to stand the test of time. Our equipment is renowned for its toughness, simple engineering and compact design. Heavy machinery construction is second nature to us.
Every element of our products and service is designed with customer satisfaction in mind. Get in touch with us today for more information!